Friday, May 29, 2009

And now, what you've all been waiting for....

I guess you could say that we have some news for everyone!! And you've probably already guessed it if you didn't already know..........























...And we're very excited!!! The baby is due November 8th, or 9th, depending on which doctor you ask... (Or according to my idiot family doctor, due on November 30th..) Right now I'm 18 weeks along and starting to think that I might be feeling the baby inside me. I mean, obviously it's not like, "WHOA, SOMETHING JUST KICKED ME!" But more like just having the butterflies for hours at a time... It's all really strange. Who knows, maybe I'm just imagining it!

My next doctor appointment is on June 2nd-- looking forward to that! I really like my OBGYN, or really, more like, I like his office. It's really classy and inviting. :) Although he is the one that vetoed my Grand Canyon hiking... Sighhhh, but after seeing how dead tired everyone else was after the hike, I was glad for his expertise!

I will admit, I was trying to think of a really cute way to announce the pregnancy on our blog. And it's gotten to the point where it's about time we just announce it already. But there was no way I was going to go to all the work that-- um, let's see, oh- Annie went to to make all of the letters and frost every single one. Great job, Annie! They look amazing!! Okay, okay, I totally just found this picture online... I really wanted it to say that WE'RE pregnant-- because WE'RE a team, you know? Why wasn't Annie thinking about that? Annie- there is no "I" in T-E-A-M. That's okay-- it's still really cute.. but I also wanted to share some of the runner ups!

#2-- Message in the Sand!

We didn't have time to go to the beach to write this in the sand. Didn't even do it like a backyard sand box. This is actually Jamaican sand!! Thanks to the girl that wrote this for THEIR blog on their Jamaican vacation!! :) You see, I like this one a lot. It DOES have "We're" instead of "I'm," but the writing isn't as cute as it could be, it does seem a bit boring, and what's with the capital P? But still, this one is way cute; it got 2nd place!


#3-- Bun in the Oven!

Traditional, bun in the oven-- cute, but I liked the cookies better. You know, I didn't even know about that phrase until Em, Jess, and I had our apostle birthday party during General Conference weekend. We played Pin the Tie on President Hinckley and one of the guys there, Sam, decorated his tie with four words, "BUN IN THE OVEN." ...?????... He explained it to me at that point. :)

Honorable Mention awarded to entry #3- Bun in the Oven!


Anyway, pretty exciting news. As far as names go, we're thinking we might not name the baby at all. Simply because we can't find names that we like for more than a couple days at a time. Some names sound cute for little kids, but not for adults, which inevitably the baby will become someday-- we don't want to doom our child with a ridiculous name. Beyond that, very few names sound decent with Sarmiento anyway! So many vowels!! Definitely a challenge we've put off for the next few months or so.

Also, we've decided to wait and be surprised as to the baby's gender! Trust me, it's been a long, difficult process of developing patience (on my part especially, Freddy's #1 quality is patience)... but that's what we're going to do! (This does also present a problem in the sense that not only do we need to come up with one name, which is already proven to be a challenge, we now have to come up with ANOTHER name, just in case it's not that bouncing baby boy Freddy is so determined to have!)

And that's about all the energy I have for blogging today!! Now that the cat's out of the bag I'll have more to blog about (since these recent events have been somewhat of a large part of our lives)!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I'm SO thrilled for you guys! And I LOVE the announcement!!!!!!!! VERY CUTE! Tracy, I love reading what you write because I can literally "hear" you saying it!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It was really nice of your friend to bake those cookies for YOU to say YOU'RE pregnant. Freddy isn't physically pregnant, you are. But you were a team in getting to this point, so I can see how you wished it said "We". Haha... I hope you know that I'm just teasing you. You're so funny Tracy. That's probably why you're one of my favorite cousins. ; )
    But that's really exciting and you picked a super cute way to announce it. I'm really happy for you guys. You'll be a cute Mommy and I know you guys will be really awesome parents! : )

    ReplyDelete