Wednesday, August 29, 2012

CO/NM: Day Five-- Heading home.

So, on our way back from Colorado, we stopped in Albuquerque again, 
but this time we actually spent some time checking it out.
We went to the Albuquerque, NM, temple-- 

(The steeple is on the other side, facing the street.. but it was tricky to get a good picture from that angle.) 
My in laws. :)
It was pretty bright.. Nathan and I can attest to that fact.
Okay on the count of three, look at the camera. One... Twoooo...



(See! Told you there was a steeple!)
After that we went to the Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum. 

Pretty cool place-- all about flight using hot air balloons (and a little bit about modern flight--)
Up, up, and away!

Nathan and Freddy building their own hot air balloon. They had to piece together different strips of colors (with velcro), attach it to the built in fan on the table, and see how well it would inflate! Fun!
Me, playing an interactive hot air balloon game-- I had to land the balloon in the right spot.  I was disappointed with my 67%, until Freddy got like, 23% or something... And then I realized that perhaps I was better than I thought! :)

Outside the balloon museum. :)
And then we finished our drive back to Glendale! :) 
We had a blast together-- it was such a great trip! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like somebody enjoyed "Albuturkey" after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun museum! Don't they have a hot air balloon festival in Albuturkey, too?

    ReplyDelete